Monday, 26 October 2015

Rebasing Clayface! - Part II

So, now that the green stuff on Clayface's base has set, I can get on with painting.

First, I've primed it in white (GW's Corax White, which is slightly 'off' white.):


Once primed, the 'claytrail' got a base-coat of GW's Mournfang Brown:


It certainly has a gloopy look to it so far! Next I hit it with a wash of Agrax Earthshade, then a dry-brush of XV-88, again, by GW (snakebite leather to us old fogeys!):


Once the claytrail was done, I moved onto the paving slabs, based with Dawnstone, washed with Nuln Oil, then highlighted in Dawnstone and finished off with Administratum Grey:



The edge of the base was painted Abbaddon Black. All that was left to do then is attach Clayface to his new base, touch up a few chips on him, then varnish the whole lot, including the new base. 

The finished product:






I'm very pleased with the way this has come out. Not only does it look nice, but it has also solved the balance issues of the miniature, as he's now at a slight angle, which has redistributed the centre of gravity. 

Plus, he now matches the rest of my collection. Now I just need to summon up the courage to rebase my Two-face crew!

2 comments:

  1. Very nice work Dan, and you have me thinking about re-basing my own Clayface. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bud! It's definitely worth it in my opinion. Makes me much more positive for using him in game now.

      Delete